Monday 25 July 2011

Let's begin... Me, an inventor?

Yes, the title, Me, an inventor? Who would have thought that?

I am now on the road to becoming an iventor, I didn't start out to become an inventor, it just sort of happened.
I want to share with you how this happened and how my invention is coming along.

Despite having an IQ of over 150, I quit college without finishing my Alevels and went travelling on the other side of the world. I finally came home aged nearly 21 without a clue as to what to do in life.
Move forwards 12 years, having had a successful career in call centre and sales management and 1 redundancy nicely behind me I found myself expecting baby number 3 and also being made redundant... again!

Redundancy can make or break you and I am pleased to say I am still friends with my old boss who made me and my partner redundant on Xmas eve whilst 5 months pregnant! It was nothing personal, just a sad sign of the times we were in as were many other businesses following the credit crunch. In fact, life has so far turned out fantastic since then. I have had baby number 4 and made a decision that I don't want to return to being employed, at least until my youngest starts school, hopefully it won't come to that, but you never know what opportunities are out there.


Like many people, I watch Dragons Den and either laugh at the ridiculous inventions and business ideas or occassionally sit and say 'wow, that's brilliant'. We would always sit and say if only we could come up with a great idea, little did I know that day would finally come.....


Next week: I have the idea, what do I do next?

2 comments:

  1. Do we really have to wait until next week for the next installment? I'm hooked already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Karen, I may do another post before next week!

    ReplyDelete